Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Have A Borrower in my House

Did anybody ever see this movie?  It is about a family of little, tiny people who secretly live in the home of normal-sized people.  The tiny people "borrow" the things they need from the big people.  This was to explain those things that just seem to vanish...
"The borrowers must have taken it".

This last week, I was beginning to think I had a family of Borrowers living in my home.  Slowly things were going missing.  I couldn't find my can opener, and then some of my measuring cups disappeared.  I kept looking in my dishwasher thinking maybe I had just washed them, but they were no where to be found.  Until I was cleaning up Easton's room and I noticed something was under his bed.  I lifted the dust ruffle and found this...
Here's what is in the picture: A bracelet, can opener, lotion, potato peeler, toy car, syringe, eye cream for Ty, Motrin, cheese grater, measuring cups, and a nose sucker thing

I asked Easton what he was doing with all of this stuff, and all he said was, "To keep them away from Ty".
(FYI: these aren't things I generally let Ty play with...)

Good news is I don't have tiny borrowers living in my house.  Bad news, Easton makes up for them.

3 comments:

Kati said...

That's funny! Kids are so cute!

Lindsey said...

I am pretty sure I have "borrowers" in my house-either that or a black hole. It drives me crazy when things go missing and I can't find them!!!

John and Brittany Payne said...

That is so cute! I love that movie!