Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Move & Giving of Thanks

We have been here almost two weeks.  I still feel like I'm here on vacation, not actually living here for good.  I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that it was Thanksgiving-we would have been here anyway, and we are living where we normally just come to visit. It's Weird.  A good weird, but weird.

Just a few things about the move...
First, Ace got the job offer on that Friday and they asked him to start Monday.  So, Ace left Sunday night, and I stayed behind with the Kidlets to pack the house to be ready by the next Friday.  And well, it was a long week.  
Ty managed to find every single marker in the house and so very lovingly used the walls and floors as his canvas...

And then, Ty thought it was a good idea to climb the mountain of boxes over and over, until he got stuck...

And, during the move, we found Easton's Secret Stash...
This special treasure was under my china hutch.  Easton's favorite hiding spot (especially right after Halloween) was shockingly in the corner right next to my hutch....
I really wish I had taken a picture of his reaction to me asking him how it got there...just a look of true terror.

Ace worked his first week, then drove back down the next Friday with his dad and brother to do the move.  Saturday was the big day...we had some awesome guys from the ward help us load the truck (again). 
Easton got to ride in the moving truck with Ace, and hasn't stopped talking about it.

We arrived to snow, and lots of it.  Ty, being the Vegas baby that he is, calls the snow "bubbles" and there is no convincing him otherwise.

We have our stuff officially being stored in four different locations...
My mom's house
My in-law's garage
My in-law's spare bedroom
My brother-in-law's spare room
FUN for Everyone!

Ace is really enjoying his new job.  The environment is way, way, WAY better than his last job; he loves the people he is working with.

Thank you to everyone who helped us move... or dealing with our stuff (or us) in your house for the next little bit!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Onto Thanksgiving Weekend...
We had our "Feast" as Easton calls it, with my family.  So great not to have to travel anywhere.
Good food.
Maybe too good.


Then, we headed over to the Casper's to celebrate Corbin's 4th birthday...
Cake and Presents

Can't go wrong with a pinata.  Just stand back a little.
Ty got himself a sucker.

Easton got up close and personal with baby Tessa.

Then we tried to get a shot of all the Grand-kids.  This is what we got:
  Now, every time we are all together we try this and every time the pictures all turn out just like this.  But my problem is with Papa Larry... Do we really have to try to get you to smile at the camera too?!! :)

A great weekend, and really, so so much to be thankful for.

1 comment:

Unguren said...

I was going to email you but then realized I did not have your email...

We live off of 39th s. right close to the exit that you take to go to Park city. It is a neighbor hood with old houses but we love it. The ward is awesome. I think you mentioned once that someone lives by Wheeler farms? We are not to far from there. There is a house for rent right up the street from us. I don't know how big it is or how much they are asking but if it is something that you are interested in let me know. My email is hunguren at hotmail dot com.