Thursday, May 28, 2009

Just Keep Swimming...

We just signed Easton up for swim lessons. Right now, I am in the water with him while he gets used to the teacher...then he will be by himself. Since the start of the lessons, here is what I have come to realize...

1. This kid could really, truly be in the water all day long...

2. All I am ever going to get at parent/teacher conferences is, "Well, he is a sweet kid, but he just doesn't EVER stop talking."

I mean it, whilst every other child would stop and listen to the teacher, my little Easton literally had constant conversation (really with himself) that went like this

"Look at me! I am a dolphin swimming in the sea (while dipping his hand up and down in a "dolphin" motion) I swim sooo fast....Look at that shark he is gonna get you! Watch out!....Look at me kick, I am a good kicker. I kick so fast. I am gonna splash you. I am gonna splash that girl. Don't help me Mommy. Did you see me jump? I jumped so high I flew in the sky. Then I crashed in the water! I am a dolphin. I can swim by myself. Here I come I am swimming in the sea! Look at all the fishys...they are swimming with me..."

There was just a continuous stream of words coming out of his mouth the whole time. It really made me laugh a little, but I know this is going to cause problems in the future...



No comments: